Cell Phone Policy
The following is an outline of our student cell phone policy. The policy was created by our School Leadership Team (SLT), which is made up of parents and educators.
Students must follow the rules outlined below:
- Upon entering the school building cell phones must be “turned off and placed in a child’s book bag.”
- Students may not take out their cell phones during the school day.
- If a child is not feeling well, they cannot take their phone out and call/text a parent to come pick them up from school. If a child is not feeling well, procedure is for the child to raise his or her hand and notify the teacher. The teacher may send the child to the restroom or to the nurse. The nurse will then contact the parent to let them know if the child should be picked up from school.
- Parents/family members may not call or text their child on their cell phone during the school day. Every minute our children spend learning in the classroom is crucial. They should not be interrupted by a text or a phone call at any time. In case of an emergency, parents may call the school and we will make sure your child receives your message.
- If a student uses their cell phone during class time, the teacher will tell the child to put the phone away. If the student continues using the phone, the phone will be taken and returned at the end of the day.
- During State testing, all cell phones will be given to the teacher and sent to the main office. Cell phones will be returned after the day’s testing is completed.
- It is important that we work together to ensure proper use of cell phones in school. Please feel free to contact us should you have any questions.